Friday, June 26, 2015

General Convention Day2

Once again the morning Eucharist was wonderful, using hymns that we don't use often and are from Wonder, Love and Praise, and the music was provided by a wonderful jazz group.
It is great to be with Bishop Gary and Judy Gloster, and when I told Bishop Gary that I am at St. Andrews, Haw River, he immediately remembered and said he and Judy have been telling the parishioners at St. Mary's in Boone (where they now worship) about the wonderful outreach we are doing with our neighbors, hoping they will do the same type of hospitality.

Part of my afternoon was in the House of Bishops as a page.  The bishops did 2 hours of work in one hour, and they welcomed about 30 international visitors who are here to observe.

So tomorrow is the big day!  I will post as soon as I can, and will certainly email the news as soon as I hear it.  Keep Bishop Curry and Sharon and Elizabeth Curry in your prayers as they wait the decision.


No comments:

Post a Comment